The Parliament of Saint Lucia in collaboration with the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (UK) Branch will be hosting a Post-Elections Parliamentary Seminar for Parliamentarians.
The seminar, which is scheduled to take place from Tuesday, November 30, to Thursday, December 2, 2021 at the Parliament Chamber, is aimed at sensitising particularly new Members of Parliament on various aspects relevant to their role and function as Parliamentarians and to explore the role and responsibilities of parliamentarians in accordance with international good practice, with a focus on the processes and procedures of the shared Westminster parliamentary system.
This event will be facilitated by local and international experts from the House of Lords and Commons.
Topics expected to be covered are:
• The Purpose of the Parliaments of Saint Lucia and the UK
• The Running of Parliament
• The Role of Parliamentarians in the Legislative Process
• Diversity and Inclusion in Parliament
• Ethics, Behaviour and Standards in Parliament
• Balancing Constituency work and Ministerial Portfolios
• Fostering Effective Member-Clerk Relationships