P.M. Among Those Advocating Tougher Stand Against Offenders.
THE frequency of rape incidents occurring in Saint Lucia has drawn the attention of Prime Minister Dr. Kenny Anthony and a group calling itself “Raise Your Voice St. Lucia Inc.” both of whom are calling for stronger measures to be taken against perpetrators.
Now the Prime Minister is suggesting that a serious look be taken at a suggestion made months ago for the establishment of a sex offenders list here. But he however warned against its creation in an ad hoc manner.
“It is clear that strong laws with stiff penalties are not enough. We have to look for other solutions,” Dr. Anthony said, adding that Saint Lucia must look at the experience of other countries that have established sex offenders’ lists.
The Prime Minister called for a review of how rapes are evidenced in a court of law, adding that it was not right for a rape victim to undergo trauma in giving evidence before a judge and jury.
The Prime Minister in fact questioned whether rape cases should be heard before a jury noting that giving evidence is a dehumanizing and traumatic experience.
It seems almost every week that the story of a rape or attempted rape incident is being reported, acts ‘Raise Your Voice’ described as horrific, deliberate and calculated to bring fear to the country’s female population due in part to their frequency and gruesome nature.
The latest of such reports detailed a middle aged woman fighting off her male attacker in the process trying to talk him out of committing the act, which fortunately he did not, thanks to some people who appeared on the scene.
Other reports as of last week detail a young woman violated in the presence of her infant child and the kidnapping and rape of a young woman all of which had renewed concerns about continuing violence towards women in Saint Lucia regardless of their age, culture, race or class.
“Raise Your Voice Saint Lucia Inc. unequivocally condemns these violent acts. It is clear that violence against women knows no class or cultural boundaries and much work remains to be done.
“We strongly urge all stakeholders i.e. the Media, RSLPF, Department of Human Services & Gender Relations, Women Support Shelter, Saint Lucia Red Cross Society, Saint Lucia Crisis Centre and all NGO’s and religious institutions to step-up and condemn this behaviour and stand firm with women in their struggles to end violence.
“Although there have been some responses from community and country leaders condemning this form of violence, these attacks require a more comprehensive response. We all need to speak out against male violence and publicly condemn violence against women and hold men accountable,” the group noted in a statement Tuesday.
However yesterday, the Prime Minister said that he will ensure that the Police Force implements a suggestion coming from him which is that a dedicated unit be established within the Force to investigate rapes and bring to justice those responsible for such crimes.
Meanwhile, the recently launched advocacy group Speak Out St. Lucia (S.O.S.) while welcoming the Prime Minister’s statement, noted that many similar acknowledgements had been made by the authorities over the past decades “with little to no resolution”.
Said Norbert Williams, the group’s Communications Officer: “Speak Out St. Lucia contends that a proper functioning judicial system is critical to enable any consultations and recommendations, enforcement, and application of the law to be successful. Of vital importance to the prosecution of sex crimes is the timely processing of DNA and other evidence which would lead to speedy trials and resolution of cases. The island has a Forensics Laboratory which needs to be properly staffed and resourced in order to solidify the adoption of any short and long term measures to stem this epidemic.
“Speak Out St. Lucia believes that any action against sex crimes will require more than government or law enforcement participation, therefore Speak Out St. Lucia calls for the development of a national strategy which speaks to a comprehensive approach in dealing with the issues. This includes, but is not limited to, collaboration between key sector agencies; psychological and counselling services to victims; public sensitization; protection for victims and witnesses; and the need for the creation of a safe and confidential environment where victims as well as non-victims feel safe to report these crimes”.
The group said it was willing to assist with this endeavour “as we collectively battle the scourge of rape, child molestation and other sexual crimes affecting our nation”.
It added: “We cannot continue paying lip-service to this issue, but rather must take decisive action which will illustrate our commitment to eliminating sex crimes in Saint Lucia. We have reached the brink of a national emergency. Rape does not discriminate”.
How can any people, address the abuse and raping of the woman while displaying such cowardice by not addressing the 1000 pound Gorilla in the room? I know it would be political suicide to demand that the Christian Churches put an immediate end to the criminalization of the woman by teaching that the woman is Evil and Cursed by God eternally.
This hatred of the woman is being taught to children from the age of five by these sick misogynist called priest with impunity. Yet individuals like Mary Francis, continue to support this incubators of women hatred and abuse; the teachers of King James’ Bible. King James hated women and practiced homosexuality, incests, and sodomy, even accusing Jesus the son of Mary, Peace be upon him, of being a homosexual pervert.
This sick bible portraits the woman as filthy prostitutes loving donkey-size penises, yet these “vee-seres” women continue to encourage these maladjusted males who are mentally ill, because of a bad male-female encounter that scared them for life, and so found shelter in the Presbytery homeless shelter, where pedophilia, rape, sodomy, alcohol, and ponography is the religious order of the day.
New International Version (NIV)
1. The word of the Lord came to me:
2. “Son of man, there were two women, daughters of the same mother.
3. They became prostitutes in Egypt, engaging in prostitution from their youth. In that land their breasts were fondled and their virgin bosoms caressed.
4. The older was named Oholah, and her sister was Oholibah. They were mine and gave birth to sons and daughters. Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem.
5. “Oholah engaged in prostitution while she was still mine; and she lusted after her lovers, the Assyrians—warriors
6. clothed in blue, governors and commanders, all of them handsome young men, and mounted horsemen.
7. She gave herself as a prostitute to all the elite of the Assyrians and defiled herself with all the idols of everyone she lusted after.
8. She did not give up the prostitution she began in Egypt, when during her youth men slept with her, caressed her virgin bosom and poured out their lust on her.
9. “Therefore I delivered her into the hands of her lovers, the Assyrians, for whom she lusted.
10. They stripped her naked, took away her sons and daughters and killed her with the sword. She became a byword among women, and punishment was inflicted on her.
11. “Her sister Oholibah saw this, yet in her lust and prostitution she was more depraved than her sister.
12. She too lusted after the Assyrians—governors and commanders, warriors in full dress, mounted horsemen, all handsome young men.
13. I saw that she too defiled herself; both of them went the same way.
14. “But she carried her prostitution still further. She saw men portrayed on a wall, figures of Chaldeans[a] portrayed in red,
15. with belts around their waists and flowing turbans on their heads; all of them looked like Babylonian chariot officers, natives of Chaldea.[b]
16. As soon as she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea.
17. Then the Babylonians came to her, to the bed of love, and in their lust they defiled her. After she had been defiled by them, she turned away from them in disgust.
18. When she carried on her prostitution openly and exposed her naked body, I turned away from her in disgust, just as I had turned away from her sister.
19. Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt.
20. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
21. So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.[c]
In the book where christians find guidance and instructions from God, you know, “THE BIBLE SAYS…” the raping of men and women is sanctified and justified, even made to seem benevolent. I mean, how sick are you people who ascribe to this filthy pornography that the Caucasian told you is the word of God.
Here in the First Book of the Word of Satan, we are given an advance course on how to rape a person; why do you think that these maladjusted perverted men living in the Homeless Shelter called the Presbytery stock up on the alcohol with such conviction? You want to RAPE A NUN ? give her a few shots of, “THE BLOOD”.
Any of you young women desire to RAPE your father ? How about any of you young men who desire to RAPE your mother, Sister, Aunts, Grandmother, Grandfather ? Here’s how God told us to do it: When will Norbert Williams condemn this Rape Operation Manual, called Bible??
Genesis 19: 30-38
30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.
31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth.
32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”
33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and had sexual intercourse with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I gave my father an erection and had sexual intercourse with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and get him aroused then get him to insert his penis into your vagina so we can preserve our family line through our father.”
35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.
37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab[g]; he is the father of the Moabites of today.
38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi[h]; he is the father of the Ammonites[i] of today.
You desire to rape a virgin? or is your preference sodomy? MORE BIBLE.
Judges 19:22-26New International Version (NIV) RAPE
22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, “Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him.”
23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, “No, my friends, don’t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don’t do this outrageous thing.
24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But as for this man, don’t do such an outrageous thing.”
25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go.
26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.
……….the Mafia has an adequate solutions for handling rapist in any community………..castration!