The St. Lucia Manufacturers’ Association has held its 18th Annual General Meeting with its Quality Awards presentation and election of officers as part of the day’s proceedings.
Marguerite Desir, Senior Vice President HR & Head of Business for St Lucia, Dominica and Guyana at Harris Paints International Ltd was re-elected President of the St. Lucia Manufacturers’ Association Executive Board.
Mrs. Desir has served for a few years now, but agreed to accept the nomination, as manufacturing and the national economy face, probably, their toughest challenge since Independence.
Mrs. Desir says much was accomplished during her term as President, but there is unfinished business.
The re-elected President of the St. Lucia Manufacturers’ Association welcomed the government’s decision to include Manufacturing as part of the title for the Ministry of Commerce, saying this demonstrates a commitment to focus on local manufacturers.
The entire board of the St. Lucia Manufacturers’ Association was re-elected except for the Public Relations Officer.
The SMA Board comprises:
· Mrs. Marguerite Desir – Harris Paints (St. Lucia) Ltd as President.
· 1st Vice President is Mr. Nicholas Barnard of St. Lucia Linen Services Ltd.
· 2nd Vice President – Mrs. Margaret Monplaisir of St. Lucia Distillers Ltd.
· Secretary – Mr. Ronald Ramjattan of Baron Foods St. Lucia Ltd.
· Assistant Secretary – Mrs. Pauline Gomez – Top Stone Fabrication Ltd.
· Treasurer – Mr. Jason King – St. Lucia Distillers Ltd.
· And the Public Relations Officer is Cathilda Charles-Johnny