A total of 44 applications were received for Entrepreneurship World Cup St. Lucia 2021. After screening and two rounds of evaluation in Round 1, the following startups were selected to participate in this year’s inaugural Entrepreneurship World Cup St. Lucia 2021 Virtual Summit.
The semifinalists for EWC St. Lucia 2021 are:
● 3Sixty, a startup that provides 360 degree virtual tours for an immersive VR experience with Virtual Reality Tour Booths and Virtual Tour Backpacks to showcase the island for both online and local consumption.
● Ed-Telligent, a startup that creates serious video games that will allow students to acquire and or practice skills and knowledge from the high school curriculum.
● 75great Talent Show, a startup that this a show that highlights and discovers talent in St.lucia no matter the genre. It will be a platform with a loud voice especially for those who need a place to showcase their uniqueness and to network. There will be singers, musicians, dancers, coaches, chefs, small business owners, it will be a place to advertise upcoming events etc.
● Yellow Palm Villas, a startup that provides rental of space for lodging, recreating and hosting of Gala events.
● Norbert’s Educational Resource Development (NERD) Enterprises, a startup that provides educational materials to enhance learning. They also offer training, consultancy and coaching services to businesses and schools that wish to incorporate a sustainable model within their day to day operations or curriculum.
● Vegan Avenue, a startup that provides natural and healthy products and guidelines to help persons 2 years to senior citizens.
● Visita, a startup which is an online eSIM store that allows its users to download digital sim cards & switch between multiple mobile networks.
● The Austin Group of Companies Inc., a startup that provides a solution to the youth unemployment rate using mobile businesses, urban renewal via aquaponics and animation/game design.
● Simple Innovations & Solutions, a startup that specializes in tracking and managing systems that uses RFID (Radio Frequency Identification), Bluetooth and GPS technologies for medium to large companies. Items that can be tracked/managed are documents, tools, retail goods, vehicles and much more.
In preparation for the EWC LCA National Preliminaries, the semifinalists will participate in a pitch competition training workshop hosted by the National Organizer of the Virtual Summit, SLUDTERA.
These 9 startups emerged victorious from a pool of 44 contestants who applied – each incomplete application receiving access to free virtual training services and US$10, 000, and each completed application receiving access to free virtual training services and up to US$25,000 in perks to help them take their venture to the next level.
Judges for the competition at the Virtual Summit are Hanna Fitz, International Brand Strategist and Business Coach, Hanna Fitz, Joshua Esnard, Inventor and Motivational Speaker, The Cut Buddy, Betty Combie, Consultant, Moz Inc., Kwesi Roberts, Technical Specialist Entrepreneurship Development, Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Commission and Kerchelle Jn. Charles, Marketing Strategist & Entrepreneur, Advanced Company Group.