Today Thursday April 22, 2021 the Ministry of Health and Wellness received confirmation from the Ezra Long Laboratory of 11 new cases of COVID-19. This is from a total of 179 samples taken on April 19, 2021 and April 20, 2021. These samples were processed on April 21, 2021.
These individuals were seen at various community respiratory clinics where they were assessed and tested for COVID-19. They were each placed in home quarantine by healthcare practitioners while awaiting the return of their test results, in-keeping with the national COVID-19 testing protocol. Arrangements have since been made to place these individuals in isolation. The contact tracing for these new cases is underway.
Confirmation was also received of the recovery of 8 individuals bringing the total number of active cases in country to date to 100. At present, all of the active cases are doing well. The new cases bring the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 4455.
As of April 20, 2021 a total of 23, 829 individuals have received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and 206 individuals have received the second dose. Tomorrow Friday, April 23, 2021 the health team will be administering the COVID-19 vaccine at the Phillip Marcellin Grounds, Daren Sammy Cricket Grounds and the Jacmel Wellness Centre. Everyone interested in getting vaccinated are encouraged to pre-register ahead of time via the online platform https://hmi.govt.lc/ or at the Community Wellness Centre nearest to you.
Everyone is reminded to continue practicing the infection prevention and control measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
– Wash your hands frequently using soap and flowing water
– Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
– Maintain a physical distance from others
– Use a bleach solution to sanitize frequently touched surfaces and frequently handled objects
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
– If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care