BRESCIA University College will tomorrow hold a gala event in St. Lucia., a celebration to mark the university’s deep connection with the Caribbean community and a chance to honour its alumnae and associated alumnae who have made significant contributions to advancing leadership within their communities.
One hundred years ago, Brescia’s foundresses, the Ursuline Sisters of Chatham, committed to developing an education rooted in the values of wisdom, justice and compassion and the development of young women leaders. Since its founding, Brescia’s community has expanded and become enriched by its inspiring student leaders – including the hundreds of Caribbean students and alumnae who once called Brescia home.
As a part of the Centennial Caribbean Gala celebration, Brescia will recognize notable alumnae with the following leadership awards:
• Lifetime Award – Mrs. Charmaine Heslop-DaCosta (Presented to a woman who has demonstrated exceptional leadership throughout her lifetime)
• Emerging Award – Ms. Michelle Rousseau and Ms. Suzanne Rousseau (Presented to a woman/women making an impact on her community through entrepreneurial ventures)
• Activist Award – Mrs. Beryl Carasco-Alleyne (Presented to a woman with an unwavering commitment to social justice, who has applied creative thinking to solve political or economic problems)
• Distinction Award – Mrs. E. Juliet Mallet Phillip (Presented to a woman that empowers women to be successful at building their careers and thrive in positions of leadership)
• Centennial Leader Award – Mrs. Charmaine Gardner (Presented to a woman who embodies the mission and values of Brescia, advocates for women in leadership and is a positive force for change in society)
Brescia is pleased to also announce two special honourees with named awards that support a Caribbean students’ experience on campus:
Mrs. Mara Giraudy-Thompson
Mrs. Raquel Du Boulay-Chastanet