The NIC Toastmasters Club celebrated its 20th Anniversary on July 1st, 2019 and began commemorating this milestone with a week of events from June 30th-July 6th under the theme, “Twenty Years Strong: A Fusion of Vision & Self-Actualization”. The theme was chosen as it best testifies of the vision that started the non-profit organization, as well as the dedication and commitment of the club members.
The NIC Toastmasters Club is a corporate club which was chartered by the National Insurance Corporation (NIC) on July 1st, 1999. The Club was initially established for the benefit of the personal growth and development of the employees of NIC and was subsequently opened to members of the public.
President of the NIC Toastmasters Club, Toastmaster Danielia Chambers, says that “Toastmasters is a practical programme geared towards developing individuals to become better communicators and leaders, and as such, is quite useful to the growth of any establishment. Our club exists because of the shrewd vision of the NIC which saw it fit to develop their staff as communicators and leaders, so they can better serve the public. The members of the NIC Toastmasters Club are grateful to the NIC for opening the club to the public so that we could benefit from the wealth of knowledge and experience the Toastmasters programme offers, and for continuously sponsoring the club so that it could grow to celebrate 20 years of excellence. We hope that other establishments in Saint Lucia will follow suit in implementing a Toastmasters Club. I would also like to congratulate and thank the members of the NIC Toastmasters Club for their dedication and hard work in pursuing their goals and continuously raising the standard of our club. Well done.”
The NIC Toastmasters Anniversary Week of Activities are as follows:
- Sunday June 30th – Church Service and Brunch.
- Monday July 1st – Anniversary Day! Members of the club will be engaging in live media interviews about Toastmasters.
- Tuesday July 2nd – Testimonial Tuesday. Through publications in local newspapers, members of the NIC Toastmasters Club will be sharing testimonials about their Toastmasters’ journey and how Toastmasters has impacted their lives.
- Wednesday July 3rd – Demonstration Meeting/Open House with the staff of the Bank of Saint Lucia, Bridge Street. from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday July 4th – Presentation at St Joseph’s Convent. The aim is to provide public speaking tips that will assist in developing the future generation of communicators and leaders.
- Saturday July 6th – A Grande Celebration; Installation and Awards Ceremony. This much anticipated event will close the curtains on the Anniversary Celebrations and the Toastmasters Year 2018/2019, as well as open the new Toastmasters Year 2019/2020. The incoming executive will be installed and charged for the year ahead and the members of the NIC Toastmasters Club will receive awards for their success throughout the 2018/2019 year. The ceremony commences at 7pm. Members of the public are invited at a small contribution cost. For more information, please email email@example.com. RSVP deadline is 3rd July 2019.
Happy 20th Anniversary NIC Toastmasters Club!