Clendon Mason Students Show Off Visual Arts

Ms. Garconnette with two of nine students who took part in the exhibition.
Ms. Garconnette with two of nine students who took part in the exhibition.

FIFTH Form students at the Clendon Mason Memorial Secondary School, are ready for their CSEC Exam in Visual Arts.

A small exhibition of the students’ work was mounted at the Visual Arts Room at the school on Monday. Organiser of the exhibition, (Head of Technical and Vocational Department and Visual Arts teacher), KizzyGarconnette, said that the students were required to compile a portfolio of six SBA submissions which was on display. Altogether, their work represents 60 percent of their final grade and the remaining 40 percent will be covered by the exam.

In addition, on display are some pieces of artwork done by students in the lower forms.

Some of the artwork on display.
Some of the artwork on display.

“The variety of work includes painting and mixed media, drawings, as well as fibre and decorative art,” Miss Garconnette explains. “The work will be graded and entered into an online system which automatically selects five students from each option to submit their work to the Caribbean Examinations Council. I thought that it would be important to display the artwork of the students since they have been working so hard to create their SBAs after a period of two years. Additionally, this group represents the first group of form fives in this school to write the exam in Visual Arts.”

Ms. Garconnette notes that this is a significant move on the part of the institution as it seeks to enhance the artistic talents of the students.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Send this to a friend