The winners of the Intra-Country portion of the Regional Schools Investment Competition which took place from February, 27 to March, 3 has been announced.
They are as follows –
1. Antigua and Barbuda: Irene B. Williams Secondary, Green Magnates Ent.;
2. Dominica: Arthur Waldron Seventh Day Adventist Academy, The Gifted Profits;
3. Grenada: The Anglican High School, AHS Angel Investors;
4. Saint Lucia: Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary School, VFCSS Invest;
5. St. Kitts and Nevis: Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College, Financial Gems;
6. St. Vincent and the Grenadines: St. Martin’s Secondary School, SMSS Investors’ Group.
These six winning schools will now progress to the next phase of the competition, in which eight schools, one school from each of the eight member countries of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU), will vie for overall Regional Champion over the period March 13 to 21.
The six schools will be joined by the Albena Lake-Hodge Comprehensive School’s – Rainbow City Investors, out of Anguilla and the Montserrat Secondary School’s – MONEY G.R.R.A.M.S, in the Regional Championship stage of this inaugural Regional Schools Investment Competition.
The competition was created to be a dynamic learning experience for high school and first-year college students and introduces them to investing and more specifically to investing via the Eastern Caribbean Securities Exchange (ECSE). The initiative which commenced on 16th February with an Education Webinar and Competition briefing, provides the opportunity for students to experience securities market activity firsthand.
Participants will have the opportunity to test their knowledge while gaining useful investing insights and skills.
The competition, which is a collaborative effort of the ECSE, Eastern Caribbean Securities Regulatory Commission and licensed broker-dealers aims to excite and inspire young people to learn more about investing and to create a pathway for young investors to become active market participants in the future.