“Our hope for the new year is that together we’ll make some real progress toward a more inclusive, more sustainable global economy, one that rewards invention, encourages competition, solves problems, respects workers, and keeps power in check.” Katherine Bell, Editor in chief of Quartz
The year 2022 will be harder to predict than 2021. There are so many things that are up in the air. With Yahweh’s guidance, we shall overcome. Let’s get right into it. In spite of my opening statement, I am ready to predict that:
1. Working from home, remote work, and adhoc gigs will be the established norm of employment in the future. Employees have taken a position to have less in office/workplace supervision, and more freedom working from home. This development prompted the Great Resignation also known as the Big Quit.
2. Women will continue to climb the corporate ladder, with nothing stopping them, leaving their male counterparts standing in awe.
3. Small businesses will expand at the fastest rate in recent decades, and women will lead the charge. James Brown is just about to be proven wrong, if he is not already. Is it still a Man’s World?
4. Technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics and Block-chain will continue to set new standards in all areas of production, commerce and investments.
5. Space exploration will be accelerated and all the advanced countries of the world will be competing for a place in space.
6. Following up from COP26, Climate Change will take centre stage as the potential for future catastrophes must be given priority consideration. The many disasters around the world in general and the USA in particular have given rise to greater concern than any time in the past, and things are likely to get worse.
7. Unless there is an infusion of energy in the Democratic Party, the GOP will take control of both the House and the Senate in November of 2022. President Biden is following in the same path as President Obama by taking on signature programmes like Build Back Better, and in President Obama’s case, Obama Care where the latter was successful only because of the unity among Democrats at that time.
8. The recovery will not be spearheaded by politicians, it will be done by the Entrepreneurs of the world whose actions are results driven and do not waste valuable time debating the obvious and attempting to score points. The situation in the current US Senate with Joe Manchin and his female counterpart Kyrsten Sinema exposes the fundamental difference between legislative chambers and board rooms.
9. World Peace will be on edge in 2022 more than at any time in recent history. The restlessness among nations as currently being experienced will escalate.
10. Honourable Mia Mottley, Prime Minister of Barbados will win the next general elections scheduled for January 19, 2022 by a landslide.
11. The Saint Lucia Government will stabilise the economy towards the 3rd quarter of 2022 and end up with a reasonable growth in the gross domestic product (GDP).
12. COVID 19 will continue to escalate in 2022. The Omicron variant will hit hard and citizens everywhere will rush to be vaccinated.
All eyes are on President Joe Biden’s Administration to see how they will handle H.R.4 John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2021. I am confident that something that will appease all sides in the Senate will be passed to prevent the chaos that is likely to happen if Republicans are allowed to have their way with the Bills that were passed in the various Republican controlled States.
This is the time of year when most persons implement their resolutions and challenge themselves to do better in all aspects of their lives. Unlike previous years, I can only assume that it was not as easy due to the many uncertainties that lie ahead.
Let us continue to give thanks to our Creator for bringing us thus far as we continue to depend on him to guide and protect us throughout the ensuing year.
Plan to stay alive in 2022, adhere to the COVID 19 protocols and get vaccinated. Wishing you all a happy and prosperous 2022! Blessings!
Freelance Journalist/Realtor/Business Consultant