The Institute of Architects – Saint Lucia Inc. (SLIA) held its Annual General Meeting on Thursday, 19th- August- 2021 via a virtual platform. A new executive was elected to oversee the affairs of the institute and the composition is as followings:
• President: Jamal Francis
• Vice President Haward Wells
• Secretary Dexter Myers
• Treasurer Keam Charlery
• Floor members Jeremiah Phulchere and Dannys Delgado Martinez
Cognisant of last year’s challenges and the likely difficulties that may arise from the ongoing COVID 19 Pandemic, the executive says it is committed to building on its recent successes which are:
• Continuous public engagement, education and sensitization on matters of the built environment.
• Engagement with other professional organisations to catalyse greater cross-sectoral working relationships.
• Safeguarding and championing matters of professional practice in the interest of public safety.
For the duration of its tenure, this new executive also aims to achieve the following:
• Foster a closer working relationship with the Government of St. Lucia, to assure that all public projects, whether institutional or residential developments, can benefit from the abundance of skills and knowledge available throughout SLIA’s general membership.
• Work with relevant local organizations to launch an annual Visual and Plastic Art competition.
• Host a second Construction Sector Workshop with the aim of continuously improving the quality of work and construction related services provided by local designers, contractors and tradesmen.
The Institute of Architects – Saint Lucia Inc. (SLIA) anticipates a very productive year ahead and wishes to thank all members and the public for their support throughout the years.