PRESS RELEASE — Today Wednesday December 2, 2020 the Ministry of Health received confirmation of three new cases of COVID-19. This is from a total of 95 samples with 3 positives and 92 negatives. This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 262.
Case #260 is a 60 year old male from the Vieux-Fort district
Case #261 is a 28 year old male from the Castries district
Case #262 is a 26 year old female from the Castries district
These individuals were seen at a community respiratory facility where they were assessed and tested for COVID-19. They were all placed in quarantine by the health practitioners while awaiting the return of their test results. Epidemiological link has been established for case #261. Investigations are on-going by the contact tracing team to determine epidemiological links for the other two cases. As per protocol, arrangements have been made for the placement of these individuals into isolation.
The Ministry of Health is pleased to announce three COVID-19 recoveries for today December 2, 2020 bringing the new total number of active cases currently in country to 119. To date, Saint Lucia has recorded a total of 141 recoveries in country. At present, all of the active cases are stable and doing well.
Everyone is reminded of the importance of taking personal responsibility to minimize the spread of COVID-19 by maintaining habits to limit the spread of the virus. We encourage every individual to continue partnering with the Ministry of Health by daily practicing the infection prevention and control measures to minimize the spread of the virus.
– Wash and sanitize hands often during the day
– Wear a mask every time while in public and ensure it covers both the mouth and nose
– Maintain a distance of six feet from others which is about two arm’s length apart
– Sanitize frequently touched surfaces using a bleach solution
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
– If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care immediately at the closest community respiratory clinic
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information becomes available.