The Government of Saint Lucia has announced the Implementation of Heightened Protocol and Social Distancing Regime with measures which come into effect from Monday 23rd March to Sunday April 5th 2020.
The measures announced by Prime Minister Honourable Allen Chastanet are as follows:
- • Partial scale down of all non-essential economic and social activities for a two-week period commencing from date of Monday 23rd March to Sunday April 5th 2020
ESSENTIAL SERVICES WHICH WILL CONTINUE INCLUDE:
- Emergency Services: Fire, Police as well as private security services.
- Border Control: Saint Lucia will strengthen, tighten and escalate port health protocols as part of its heightened protocols.
- Utilities (Wasco, Lucelec, telecoms),
- Sanitation collection and disposal,
- Supermarkets/minimarts/shops, bakeries, & pharmacies,
- Petrol/Gas stations,
- Air and Seaports operations (to facilitate cargo handling and US flights if they are still flying, to allow for return of nationals returning home)
- Limited public transportation services,
- Limited banking services,
- Trucking services related to movement and delivery of essential supplies and the food chain.
- Restaurants and Fast Food services only those who do take away/take out, delivery or drive through capabilities will be allowed to open
- News and Broadcast Services
- Manufacturing activities related to production of food, water and products of personal hygiene
- Providers of Cleaning Services
PLEASE NOTE: Those operations and business that can continue delivery of services under a working-from-home environment are encouraged to do so. Businesses which cannot operate with work-from-home will shut down for the stipulated time period.