PRESS RELEASE – THE Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations will be staging the annual Saint Lucia College Fair at the Finance Administrative Centre, Pointe Seraphine, Castries, on Wednesday, November 1 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Thursday, November 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Participating in this year’s College Fair will be representatives from local educational institutions and institutions from the Caribbean. The theme of this year’s College Fair is “Empowering A Nation Through Education”.
The objectives of the Fair are to:
* Help prospective students and their parents make informed decisions about further education;
* Provide interested Saint Lucians with an opportunity to discover the diversity of higher education in the Caribbean;
* Provide interested participants with career guidance counselling which will be conducted through structured interviews that assesses the participants’ interests, skills, values, career decisions and lifestyle preferences;
* Limit the amount of time and money spent when applying to tertiary institutions; and
* Provide regional institutions with a unique opportunity to diversify their student population by recruiting a high calibre of students from St. Lucia.
The public is invited to attend the fair on the dates and time specified to meet with the recruiters and advisors from the participating institutions.
For further information, please contact the Human Resource Development Unit of the Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations, 4th Floor, Francis Compton Building, Waterfront, Castries or at telephone numbers 468-5229/5434/5430/5431/.