PRESS RELEASE — Today Wednesday January 6, 2021 the Ministry of Health received confirmation of two new cases of COVID-19. This is from a batch of 85 COVID-19 tests conducted by the Ezra Long Laboratory. This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to 382.
The two cases are non-nationals.
Case #381 is a 19 year old female
Case #282 is a 51 year old female
These individuals were placed in quarantine pending receipt of their test results. They have since been placed in isolation.
The Ministry of Health has recorded a total of 294 recoveries to date with 83 active cases presently in country.
Let us continue practicing the infection prevention and control measures to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
– Wash your hands often during the day using soap and flowing water
– Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
– Maintain a distance of six feet from others
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
– If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care at the closest community respiratory clinic
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information becomes available.