IN response to the need to lessen the current spread of COVID-19, and protect the health of the public, tenants and vendors, the authorities have agreed to introduce the following actions effective Friday January 22, until Monday February 1, 2021.
- No produce vending would be allowed outside the market.
- In order to facilitate social distancing protocols, a system of Market vendor rotation would be enforced at the Castries Provisions Market.
- Farmers vending from their vehicles would be accommodated at the old fire station site (social distancing and sanitizing protocols would be enforced).
- Suspension of the Saturday Flea Market until further notice.
- No vending of produce will be allowed on Sundays on Jeremie Street.
These measures are necessary to ensure the safety of all as we remain committed in supporting the call from the authorities for persons to exercise social distancing.
Council would do all that is possible to assist vendors maintain their livelihood within the constraints of this COVID-19 Spread.