In preparation of the reopening of school scheduled for Monday January 09, 2023 the Ministry of Health, Wellness and Elderly Affairs takes this opportunity to remind parents, principals, teachers, care givers, auxiliary staff and students of school specific guidelines in the prevention and control of Infectious diseases. These include respiratory illnesses and gastroenteritis.
The Ministry of Health usually notes an increase in cases of infections after the festive season.
– If your child develops symptoms including coughing, runny nose, sore throat, fever, vomiting and diarrhea, seek medical care and do not send the child to school until these matters are resolved.
– Wash your hands often with soap and flowing water for at least 20 seconds.
– To reduce the spread of infections be sure to wash your hands after using the bathroom, before and after caring for the sick and after playing or caring for animals.
– Ensure that children are provided with clean face masks for school.
– Ensure regular cleaning of surfaces and sanitization of all schools and environments.
As the second term commences the Ministry of Health, Wellness and Elderly Affairs would like to wish you a safe and successful school term.