PRESS RELEASE — At a press conference held on Thursday, August 19, 2021 to update the public on COVID-19 related matters, the Prime Minister promised that changes to the COVID-19 protocols would be announced after consultations were completed at the level of the current Command Center and with other stakeholders. Cabinet received recommendations for changes to the protocols based on the results of the contact tracing which was done and the main sources of recent COVID-19 infections.
Cabinet approved the following changes established for the prevention and control of COVID-19, to take effect from Friday August 20, 2021 until Tuesday August 31, 2021.
1. That a curfew be implemented as follows:
• Mondays to Thursdays from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. with closure of businesses at 8 p.m. (1 hour before the commencement of the curfew)
• Fridays and Saturdays from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. with closure of businesses at 6 p.m.
• Sundays from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. with closure of businesses at 3 p.m.
2. That public sector construction activities will be removed from the list of Essential Services
3. That all other measures remain the same
Cabinet requested the Attorney General’s Chambers to prepare the necessary documentation or instruments to provide details and give effect to the above.
The Government of Saint Lucia continues to encourage all Saint Lucians to follow the established protocols. Let us protect ourselves, our families and the community. Vaccines are available and we urge you to get vaccinated and help each other to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.