The youth of Anse La Raye met on Wednesday, July 26 to elect a new executive for the Anse La Raye Youth and Sports Council during a General Assembly at the Anse La Raye RC Infant School.
Faustina Edward, outgoing Secretary of the Council and Presiding Officer of the election, gave opening remarks and briefed the assembly on the roles and responsibilities of each position on the Council.
After nominations and voting, the following young people were voted in as the new executive of the Council:
• President – Kate Popo
• 1st Vice-President – Farley Edward
• 2nd Vice-President – Alex Zephrin
• General Secretary – Ayoola John
• Assistant General Secretary – Malicah Gillette
• Treasurer – Toine Michel
• Public Relations Officer – Hughseff Laurencin
The positions of President and Assistant General Secretary stood unopposed.
The executive of the Saint Lucia National Youth Council congratulates the newly-elected executive and pledges support to the team during their tenure.